Located about 25 kms of Barcelona, this mountain is 1100 m high and there is a romanic church on the top..
The four columns symbolize the Catalan flag, the columns were demolished at the time of the dictatorship of Primo de Rivera. During this period all public symbols of Catalanism were systematically eliminated so that they did not have the echo that could be given by the 1929 International Exhibition that had to be held in Montjuic. The Parliament of Catalonia approved a proposal of law, with the support Of all political parties, to promote the restoration of this artistic heritage of Catalonia in homage to the Catalan patriots. This restoration took effect in 2010.